4.25.2007

Highly Inappropriate

Weigh-In: Pending, because I REFUSE to put down a 309 today. It ain't gonna happen.

**edit

Pounds to 299.9: 6.93

Weigh-In: 308.2
5-Day: 306.92

edit**


So, I explained the gym thing in the post below, so this morning, I'll talk about the boxing "workout" we did last night.

It was sweet.

We started off with a couple rounds of push ups and sit ups (my shoulder still hurts, by the way), then we traded rounds of hitting the punching mitts. Beck would unload on me for three minutes, then I'd unload on her for three minutes. We were ducking, crouching, punching, twisting, leaning, and other athletic-type words that end in "-ing". We worked up a sweat, got our hearts pounding, and - here's the proof it worked - we both woke up sore.

The bulk of my soreness is in my triceps, my shoulders, and my upper forearms. Strangely, I even fell a little tired in my thighs. It didn't seem like I worked them much, but I must have. As I'm leaning over the keyboard, I also notice that the middle of my back is suffering from a little post-workout trauma, as well.

I'm telling you, this boxing thing is no joke. After four or five rounds of nothing but punching, we could barely move our arms. All of the leaning and twisting gave our core a little extra workout, too. I can only imagine how much better of a workout we're going to get once we get with a trainer who knows what he's talking about. Sure, I could give Beck a few pointers, and I sounded like I knew what I was talking about, but as soon as she realizes I was quoting lines from six "Rocky" movies, the charade is over.

On another note, I HATE MY FLUCTUATIONS!

Why in hell would I go from 305.4, to 306.8, to 308, to 309 in four days? This is killing my average. And though I know this is what my body does, it's adding on precious time to my weight loss. If the 309 holds, my average will have gone up from 306.2 to 307.1 in three days. Yes, I know, my body will then drop me to 304.1 in two days, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Alright, I'll be back with my OFFICIAL weight later.

Have a good one.

3 comments:

billy said...

I'd like to try that boxing workout, sounds awesome!

And as for your fluctuations, they're gay.

Rob Tucker said...

I've done boxing, and I completely agree - it's no joke. You feel muscles cringe that you didn't even know you had, but it's pretty awesome, ain't it?

As for the weight, I think it's got to be in the air. You and I are mirroring each other once again.

Anonymous said...

Eh, I know all about your charade. I just pretend to not have a clue to make you feel better. ;)

We're both going to get our butts kicked when we start boxing and I'm pumped. The cool thing is that this isn't just a fad we're going through. When we were done, we couldn't move our arms and we were exhausted, but we only wanted to do more. This is going to rock!