4.10.2007

The Run to 299 - Day 2, Post 2. "The Pictures"

I've kept them small, because I don't want anybody to feel forced to view what I look like shirtless.

Let me apologize to Kristen and TJ. Now that I realize that people I've known for years are looking at this, it makes it tougher to post them. I know you guys could have gone several more decades without having to view me half-naked and been just fine.

If you look at the first pic here, you can see that my upper body is starting to take a shape besides "round." My center is actually slimming down and becoming more contoured, if that's even the word for it. You can also see that my neck and chin are...well, there. They weren't so obvious under all of the fat. And my fat face appears to be going away, too. Thank God.

Why this one isn't as small, I have no clue. Forgive me for making it so visible to the human eye.

Anyway, you can see a few things here.

For one, look at that gut. I mean, I looked 18 months pregnant on the left, and I look more like I'm in my first tri-mester on the right.

For two, my rolls are going away. I had them on my middle back, the back of my neck, and a big one at my waistline.

Third, my lower back has a form, as opposed to the stright line that used to go frommy shoulders to my enormous can.

Lastly, you can plainly see that I wear Hanes Boxer-Briefs. That's not related to the weight loss, but I just thought I'd address it.

But here's the important stuff: I still have a long way to go. As AMAZING as it's going to be to hit 299.9, I have to keep reminding myself that I still have 39.9 pounds to go after that. As great as I feel now for coming so far, I'll feel worlds better when I hit 290, 280, 270 and 260.

Man, I hate posting these things.

8 comments:

Suz said...

Wow, it is a very big difference! I'm sure the people who see you often don't realize it as much because it's been gradual.

You ought to be very proud of yourself!

billy said...

Dude while you're losing all this weight, be careful: Looking at your second set of pics, it also looks like you're losing your jolly demeanor as well. This tends to happen as people lose weight ;)

Lookin' good bro. Isn't it nice when you realize you're starting to take on a more humanoid form?

Anonymous said...

You look great, Kev. ;)

Rob Tucker said...

Ok, I laughed out loud at Billy.

I think that's great, Kev. The side view pictures in mine, I don't see a loss at all. You've taken a TON off of the gut, and that's just awesome.

Lacy said...

Awesome progress, Kevin! Keep it up and you'll be at your goal in no time!

Kristen said...

I think you are definitely more contoured :)

Please don't be shy about posting the before and afters. I think it's definitely encouraging to all.

Btw...it will be a long ass time before I ever post a pic of me in my undies.

Unknown said...

Great seeing the pics! I think it's encouraging to us all to keep going, it does work!

I agree with Suz- folks who see you often are just not going to notice as much.

Kevin A. said...

"Btw...it will be a long ass time before I ever post a pic of me in my undies."

Kristen, it was one of the toughest, most embarassing things I've ever done, but it's not nearly as bad as I imagined it being. It helps, honestly. TO hear the feedback, and to see the change with my own eyes - it's great.

Though I may wear shorts from now on.