4.19.2007

The Slimming Kevin Ten Days of Torture

So, to be blunt, I don't have the cash for a gym membership right now. But I need to do SOMETHING.

So, I went to 24hourfitness.com yesterday, and I downloaded two 10-day passes to my local gym. This gym has the pool, basketball court, weights, spa, sauna, CHILD CARE, etc.

So, starting Monday afternoon, Beck and I will be hitting 24 Hour for at least 60 minutes every day for 10 days. Over the course of these 10 days, I'll be kicking my own ass.

I'm in the process of putting together a nice, total-body weight routine. I'll be doing this routine five times. The other five days, I'll be trying five different types of cardio workouts. Basketball, swimming, stationary bike, sprinting in the track, and I'm not sure what the 5th will be.

Just to see what 10, nasty days can do to you, I'll be taking all of my measurements as well as new pics on Monday, then I'll do it all again 10 days later. I don't know if there will be any visible changes, but I'm aiming for some. By the end of the 10 days, my average will be under 299, and I'll be well on my way to 289.

It will be the most intense 10 days of my transformation so far. Blood, sweat and tears, baby.

All in an effort to live out my new motto...

Better, Stronger, Faster.

2 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

I like it. Take those 10 days and just do it. I would recommend 5 weights, 5 heavy cardio. Do they have any classes like Step Aerobics or anything?

It looks easy.. but it'll be the best cardio exercise you can imagine, it's been giving me good results.

Good luck man. Let's both get to this 299 in a HURRY!

billy said...

That's great. You're gonna be pissed when those 10 days are up. You may find a way to afford it. Can you give up something, especially something that promotes laziness/unhealthiness? Cable TV?

I like the gym as opposed to working out at home. Sure, home is easier, but it's also easier to slack off. When you're at the gym, it feels like you're in the right mindset, you got all geared up and went there.

Can you continue to get 10-day passes indefinitely?