4.09.2007

The Run to 299 - Day 1, Post 2

Pounds to 299.9: 8.93

So, here's my theory about the 306.2 weigh-in:

I went to bed sick last night. I ate a small portion of pretty much everything on the table at our Easter Dinner - Lasagna, Ham, Cheesy Taters, Cream Cheese Corn, Deviled Eggs, and Brownies - and I don't think my body appreciated it. So, my body decided to find the quickest route possible to get that food out of there. Not to get too detailed, but we'll just say that I spent a few, quality minutes on the porcelin throne last night before I went to sleep.

So, I'll be SHOCKED if the 306.anything holds tomorrow. I'll be fine if it does, but I'm not expecting it.

Still, the weigh-in today leaves me with 8.93 pounds to lose to get my average under 300 pounds for the first time since, I'm guessing, roughly December of 2002. I was around 270 when I got married in May of '02, and the weight gain started right there. So December is probably pretty close.

I don't have a very detailed plan of attack to get to my 299.9. I think it's just going to boil down to doing what's right, and being patient. Nothing new, really. The sooner, the better, but I know how my body works, and I'm prepared for six or seven days stuck on 304, with a sudden drop to 299. This could take anywhere from 10 days to three weeks. That doesn't matter right now. I'm looking at that number - 299.9 - and focusing on nothing else. Even if my scale number doesn't move, I'm a day closer to hitting that milestone.

I'd like to try to get some basketball in this week, and our local Rec Center has boxing classes for $37 a year. It may be worth looking into. It's also supposed to be warmer over the next few days, so we might be able to get back to our nightly walks. We found a trail that stretches for several miles, and it's hilly - but paved. So, we can take the stroller.

I guess that just about does it for Day One of The Run to 299. This is going to be a big week, so wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! You're close. Just keep doing what you're doing and you'll get there.