4.11.2007

The Run to 299 - Day 3

Pounds to 299.9: 7.97

Weigh-in: 308.0
5-Day: 307.96

This is going to be a short one, though I hope I can follow it up with some great news later today.

My meeting with the Publisher is later this afternoon, and my presentation is all set. I'm nervous, as I want this badly for more reasons than I can possibly list here. I'm trying not to get too worked up about it, as most of the time when I get my hopes up, they come crashing down. And I don't think I could handle that this time.

Having the chance to run a magazine that I felt such a passion towards while providing my family with a better, more comfortable life - it's all I really want.

But I also know that there won't be any final decision made today. My best hope is that I walk out of this meeting with them saying that they're interested, and need to discuss some things among themselves. Just as long as I don't hear "no" today, I'll take some hope with me.

Wish me luck, and I hope to be the bearer of good news later tonight.

By the way, I'm less than 8 pounds away from getting out of the 300's FOREVER.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Praying this goes well for you Kevin!

I'm also excited to see you're getting closer and closer to being out of the 300's!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Kev.

Dude, you're so close to 299! Keep it up.

billy said...

Did your wife just call you "Dude"? ;)
Good luck bro

Rob Tucker said...

My wife calls me dude all the time.

MUCH better than some of the other alternatives ;)

Suz said...

I hope all went well at the meeting, looking forward to hearing good news!

It's so exciting to see you drawing closer and closer to leaving three hundred land!